EOV MONITOR TRAINING COURSE | ONLINE | WINTER 2023
The Australian Holistic Management Co-op is excited to announce a
recruitment drive for new monitors for Ecological Outcome Verification,
throughout Australia. Through the monitoring and verification of the
ecological health of farmland there is potential for farming to make a major
contribution to addressing global problems, such as. climate change and
ecosystem dysfunction. Accredited EOV monitors are remunerated at attractive
rates, with reimbursement for travel and accommodation.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from energetic people;
a background in ecosystem processes (environmental science,
agriculture, etc) and an aptitude for plant species identification
would be advantageous. EOV monitoring requires working outdoors on
farms with the landowner or land manager, and our monitors need the
physical capability to conduct this work.
EOV Monitors learn to:
- Understand the Australian Holistic Management Cooperative and the
Land to Market program
- Organise and plan monitoring with land-owners
- Use GPS to locate existing monitoring sites
- Correctly identify grasses, forbs, and tree species
- Take site photographs according to set procedure
- Collect data on species, functional groups, canopy cover and more
- Process field data via spreadsheets and Savory Institute's online
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ENROLLING,
PLEASE SEE THIS FORM.
OUTLINE OF THE WINTER 2023 ONLINE EOV MONITOR COURSE
The Winter 2023 Online EOV Monitor Course will run over a six-week
period. One 1-1.5 hour Zoom session per week to be held on Thursdays at
6pm. Participants will receive the attendant materials prior to the
- Thursday 29 June, 6:00pm – 7:30pm: EOV Summary & Overview
- Thursday 6 July, 6:00pm – 7:30pm: Ecoregions, States &
Transitions, RA & Scorecard
- Thursday 13 July, 6:00pm – 7:30pm: Monitoring Plan
- Thursday 20 July, 6:00pm – 7:30pm: Ecological Indicators
- Thursday 27 July, 6:00pm – 7:30pm: Short-term Monitoring
- Thursday 3 August, 6:00pm – 7:30pm: Long-term Monitoring + Pathway
Attendance at all sessions is required. However, recordings will be
made available on request in the event that there is an unavoidable
absence from one or two sessions. Accreditation as an EOV monitor will
require satisfactory participation in training sessions and subsequent
field familiarisation and accreditation sessions.
Course costs are $995 + GST.
Completion of the Winter 2023 Online EOV Monitor Course qualifies
participants to begin taking part in EOV monitoring events as
trainees—the first step towards accreditation and a career in the
regenerative agriculture space. Under the guidance of experienced
Accredited Monitors, trainees are able to pursue accreditation with the
Savory Institute and, once accredited, carry out EOV Monitoring events
in partnership with the Australian Holistic Management Co-operative.
Tony Hill is a joint founder of the Co-op that delivers Ecological Outcome
Verification in Australia. He has been accredited as an EOV Master Verifier by
the international Savory Institute and has been active in international
discussions and training in support of delivering EOV. Tony has delivered EOV
monitoring activities across Australia and in New Zealand. He has delivered
EOV training and supervised accreditation of new EOV monitors and verifiers. He
is accredited as a Holistic Management educator.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ENROLLING,
PLEASE SEE THIS FORM
If you have any questions about the upcoming
course, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Ecological Outcome Verification (EOV) Australia
p: +61439 480 534